April 2016 HOLA Minutes
Board of Directors Meeting
April 30, 2016
Present: Millie Hoekstra, Ana Wetherill, Paul Ellis, Ed Zambraski, Dave & Ann Arthurs, Dave Douglas, Anne Crump, Terry Donovan, Jeff Zapolsky, Mary-Ellen Moroney, Jeff Munson, and Ken & Sandy Young. Guest: Ben Wetherill. Absent with notice: John & Peggy Clark.
Minutes of March 12, 2016 meeting: Approved with the addition of the following phone vote taken by Millie Hoekstra and submitted on April 1, 2016:
“As MaryEllen requested, I have talked with each of you regarding the proposal to allow new owner of Dubois property (2 Lynn Way) to purchase waterfront rights.
Motion: HOLA will make an exception to allow the owners of the property at 2 Lynn Way (property abuts our road) to purchase waterfront rights in the future. In 2008, we allowed the owners to put in a driveway off our road (Lynn Way) for safety reasons and they have paid road fees each year.
Votes: Ann Arthurs–yes
Thank you for your consideration.
Treasurer’s Report: Jeff Zapolsky, Click here to view report
- Update on receipts. Update on delinquents. See attached reports.
- Will obtain legal advice on a few issues.
- File in small claims court against those who owe over $1,000.
- Send invoice to Lee Libby for 2015 dues and road fees.
- Include the due date of Nov 15 on invoices sent out on Oct 1.
Road Committee Report: Dave Arthurs
I. Road Commissioners Report April 30, 2016 “Burgess, as usual, did a great job snowplowing and sanding. Very few complaints were received. This is the last year of the 3-year contract with Burgess so we need to discuss the possibility of renewing this contract. I have called for a Road Committee Meeting on May 14, 2016 to receive input for our spring road maintenance. Overall, the roads are in fairly good shape. Most likely due to the light snowfall we received this past winter.
Road money spent to date:
Loop Road: Culvert with minor ditching and rip rap. $1,875.81
Winston Road: Culvert, ditching, rip rap, taking down berms and road widening at the bottom of the road. Gravel rolled with roller. $4,051.19
Total road money spent to date: $5,927.00
Snowplowing and sanding
Snowplowing and sanding. December 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015. $7,325.00
Snowplowing and sanding. January 1, 2016 to January 17, 2016. $4,831.25
Snowplowing and sanding. January 18, 2016 to January 22, 2016 $2,122.50
Snowplowing and sanding. January 30, 2016 to February 12, 2016 $4,443.75
Snowplowing and sanding. February 16, 2016 to February 27, 2016 $8,702.50
Snowplowing and sanding. March 1, 2016 to March 15, 2016 $3,206.25
Snowplowing and sanding. March 25, 2016. $ 631.25 Total
snowplowing money spent to date: $31,262.50
Total monies spent to date: $37,189.50
Questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at 864-3992.
Dave Arthurs H.O.L.A. Road Commissioner”
2. Burgess contract was discussed. This had been for time and materials with a $120K limit over 3 years. There were a couple minor issues with the service, but overall no significant complaints. Plan to renegotiate with Burgess as well as look at competing contractors, then bring back to the board for approval.
3. Add stakes along side of roads especially on downhills.
4. Highland Overlook sign needs rejuvenation.
5. Ricky DiGiovanni, 42 Winston Road issue. Will be discussed at the upcoming road committee meeting on May 14 at 0900 hrs.
Waterfront Committee Report: Mary Ellen Moroney
- The small floating docks were installed with the help of Paul Ellis, Ed Zambraski and Terry Donovan.
- Porta Potty installed. Boat slip assignments posted.
- Goose deterrent measures discussed: dead geese decoys, whirligigs, silver ribbon, and inflatable falcon – work in progress.
Completion of new docks by Burgess will cost $9,409.73. This will be paid for by the $9,500 received from the new owners of the Dubois property (see above in minutes of March 12, 2016 meeting phone vote).
Nominating Committee Report: Ken Young
- “We are looking for a director to replace Mike. I e-mailed Mary Ellen Simon but have not heard back from her yet. She said last summer that she would consider being on the board. I will contact her again. We have decided to put our house on the market and I will stay on the board until a replacement for me can be found or until the house sells. If Ed can put in his E-mail Blast that we are looking for directors I would appreciate it.
Ken Young Jeff Munson Nominating Committee”
- Dave Douglas contacted Mary Ellen Simon by phone during the meeting and she was still interested in the board position. Vote to accept Mary Ellen Simon as a board member was approved unanimously.
Communication: Ed Zambraski
- Another email blast will be sent out soon. This will include a reminder to not park large trailers blocking the roads.
- The board of directors contact info and committee assignments were reviewed and corrections will be updated on the web site.
Next meeting: July 9, 2016 at 9AM
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.