HOLA Roads Policy
As all municipalities have regulations providing for the protection of their roads, HOLA has the following regulations designed to protect its roads for the benefit of its owners.
- All roads will be posted each spring, as the weather dictates, against travel by heavy trucks hauling materials and equipment (excavating, well drilling, cement, etc.).
- HOLA Owners who start a project requiring excavation and/or the use of heavy trucks in the HOLA area are required to forward a non-refundable payment of $1,000 for the construction of a new home and $500 for other projects requiring heavy equipment, 72 hours prior to commencing work, to the HOLA Treasurer.
Submit the appropriate fee to the HOLA Treasurer, 72 hours prior to commencing work, at P.O. Box 262, Rangeley, ME 04970 Attn: Jeff Zapolsky
- No roads may be opened (excavated) for the installation of utilities or culverts without first contacting the Road Commissioner of HOLA. Culverts must be 15” or larger.
- No excavating in the road right-of-ways of HOLA may be undertaken without first notifying the agency “Dig Safe”. They must be contacted at least three(3) business days before the proposed time of excavation so that they can mark the location of underground utilities. It is the responsibility of the owner/contractor to mark the proposed excavation site for “Dig Safe”. The “Dig Safe” telephone number is 1-888-344-7233. Drill, excavate, blast, drive posts or pipes, it’s Maine law that you contact “Dig Safe”.
- Please remember that HOLA roads are not to be used for trail riding for ATV’s or Snowmobiles. HOLA roads may be used to access trails or to visit other HOLA properties. Please note that the new signs on the power line are there to inform non HOLA members that using the HOLA roads as trails is not allowed.
- If there are questions about snowplowing or sanding please call Dave Douglas at 443-822-9043.. He will contact the snowplowing contractor. Please DO NOT contact the contractor directly.
HOLA Road widths
Please consult your deed for specific information
Overlook Road to Morel Road 60’
Winter Road (Overlook) to lot 41 & 51 50’
Winter Road from 41/51 to town line 60’
Morel Road to Dallas town line 60’
Winston Rd (section A) 50’
Old Esker Way 50’
Winter Road(Overlook) to lots 5 & 7 60’
From lots 5 & 7 50’
Robbins Road (Winston)to Sandy Rvr PLT line 50’
Loop Road to Sandy Rvr PLT line 50’
Sandy River PLT
All Roads (Overlook, The Loop, Barbara Lane,
West Elbow, Aerie Trail, Summit Road, Left
Branch, Winston, Paul’s Path, Eagle Lane) 50’
Cul-de-sacs 50’ Radius
Aerie Trail 50’
Lynn Way to Dallas PLT town line 60’
Kendall Farm Trail to 11E/16E(right of way) 30’
From 11E/16E to Dallas Plt town line 60’
Marion Drive from Lynn Way to Tilt of Kilt 30’
Tilt of Kilt 30’
Marion Drive to Tilt of Kilt 30’
Marion Drive to Lynn Way 60’
Lynn Way to Harold Ross Rd 60’
Kendall Farm Trail to Lynn Way 60’
& R @ 14H & 1HA to Circle 60’ Radius 100’